Welcome to the Durham Liber Vitae image viewer. The viewer environment enables you to explore images of the LVD manuscript at extremely high resolution, allowing you to see them in greater detail than would be possible with the naked eye. Features include:
- Comprehensive set of images for all folios, endpapers, cover and spine, together with some alternative versions (for example UV enhancements)
- Constituent scribal stints can be highlighted and viewed in isolation
- Zoom and pan capability for folio and stint images
- Duplicate edition text interlinked with the image viewer to allow comparative work
- Full resolution duplicates of the original photographs are available for you to manipulate using your preferred photographic / digital imaging software program
For information on browser requirements, and information and recommendations on how to use the viewer, please see the Help.